Job Title: ESU 10 NeMTSS Regional Facilitator
Number of Days Worked Annually: 215 Days
Immediate Supervisors: Jean Anderson (Special Education Director) and Denise O’Brien (Teaching and Learning Director)
Staff Supervised: None
In a Cooperative Agreement with NDE, Educational Service Unit 10 is advertising for a position to support the Nebraska Multi-Tiered System of Support (NeMTSS) as a Regional Facilitator. MTSS is a framework that promotes an integrated system connecting general education and special education, along with all components of teaching and learning, into a high quality, standards-based instructional and intervention system. This system is then matched to each student’s academic, social-emotional and behavioral needs. This Regional Facilitator will collaborate with school districts, ESUs and the Nebraska Department of Education to strengthen our NeMTSS framework and support implementation across the central region of Nebraska. This position will involve: training adults, providing technical assistance for MTSS, coordinating with other regional facilitators across the state, building systems and district level processes, and traveling within the central region and to trainings across the state.
- No history of child abuse or negligence.
- Master’s Degree in Education, preferred.
- Five years minimum of professional and/or school district experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices in core academic and behavior instruction, evidence-based interventions, and systems development.
- Experience in leadership and collaboration with ESU, school district, and NDE personnel.
- Comply with the ESU Board of Education Personnel Policies and Employee Handbook.
- Participate as a member of the NeMTSS state-level team.
- Provide consultation, facilitation, system development and assessment services to school districts in the assigned region.
- Provide training opportunities for regional team members and school districts, as well as ESU and community professionals.
- Maintain an MTSS Resource Library with current publications related to the field of continuous improvement through the MTSS Framework.
- Stay informed of evidence-based instructional materials, strategies, interventions, assessments and technology that lead to improved outcomes for ALL students.
- Be aware of new research and best practices around Multi-tiered Systems of Support.
- Collaborate regularly with other MTSS Regional Consultants in Nebraska.
- Maintain a database of all contacts and training participants.
- Contribute to the enhancement of the NeMTSS Website.
- Participate in ongoing professional learning opportunities at the state and national levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this position, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Completed application from the following link:
a. Classified Job Application
3. Cover letter
For additional information about this position, please contact Dr. Jean Anderson at email@example.com, 308-237-5927
This position is subject to a veteran's preference. EOE.